Blue Crab Boulevard

Summum nec metuas diem, nec optes - Martial

Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

My new Blog is at: http://bluecrabboulevard.com/ Please stop by and take a look.

01 February, 2006

Cartoons, taste and how to deal with problems

Obviously, I am against what is happening in the Muslim world over the issue of some cartoons published in a Danish newspaper. I'm happy to see that some other Newspapers have had the courage to reprint them.

For rather obvious reasons, I think the "political" cartoon shown here is vulgar, tasteless, anti-American, anti-troops and just plain beneath contempt. But please note the correct response the Joint Chiefs of Staff issued to the Washington Post for running this piece of garbage. It's called a letter to the editor. Despite the Joint Chiefs having more than enough assets to accomplish it, the WaPo is not a smoking crater. Nor did they threaten to make it so. But they did tell them exactly what they thought of Mr. Toles and the rag that printed this travesty.

If I ever run into Mr. Toles, I would cheerfully tell him what I think of him and his crappy work.

Meanwhile, I'm off to compose a letter to the WaPo.