Blue Crab Boulevard

Summum nec metuas diem, nec optes - Martial

Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

My new Blog is at: http://bluecrabboulevard.com/ Please stop by and take a look.

14 February, 2006

Valentine’s Day

My wife is my best friend. She is the mother of my children, even to the older two who are not really hers. She is the best fan I have ever had. She encourages me, stands by me and loves me, even though I am far from perfect. She puts up with my moods and my hobbies.

On this Valentine’s Day, I bought her flowers and a card. That’s all she will want and she’ll likely be somewhat miffed that I even bought those for her. She’s funny like that. But still, I had to do something to show her I love her.

I am also in charge of getting flowers to my son’s fiancé today. He’s at Fort Riley preparing to deploy to Iraq and asked me to help him out. So I had the florist deliver two bouquets today. I think he feels the same way about his intended as I feel about my wife.

I hope he does. There is no better feeling than being loved.